The Therapeutic Thermal Center of Nea Apollonia is located 35 km west of Asprovalta, on the Old National Thessaloniki – Kavala motorway.
Therapeutic Thermal Center of Nea Apollonia
The town of the Baths of Nea Apollonia combines the beauty of the lake, the healing effects of hot springs, the mountains and the clean, refreshing air of the countryside.
To water of the spa in New Apollonia is characterized as Hyperthermia (Na, K, SO4, HCO3, F, B) oligometallic and hypotonic.
The spring of baths, having a temperature of 49°-57° C, draws water from deeper layers so it has radioactivity 2.55 Mache units and is characterized as an alkaline sulfuric source of water.
The second spring of the ruined Byzantine bath is characterized as alkaline sulfur spring with radioactivity of 4.35 Mache units and the temperature in 1937 was 38° C.
This spring has not been used for many years and is a monument of archaeological importance for the whole area.
The benefits of thermal springs of Nea Apollonia are:
- Locomotor System Diseases
- Spinal Neck Syndrome
- Dermatological Diseases (Eczema – Psoriasis – Rashes – Allergic Dermatitis)
- Gynecological Diseases
- Diseases of the Bladder.
- Pharyngitis and Laryngitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Allergic Asthma
- General Rejuvenation of The Organism
At the site of spas in New Apollonia there are:
- Hamam (40c), Turkish
- Private pools with hydromassage
- Private pool for 1-6 people
- Indoor swimming pool for 30 people
- 54 individual bathtubs